Housing Law Solicitors
Our Housing Law Solicitors and Lawyers protect and preserve human rights, which often include rights beyond housing
It is more important than winning or losing, our talented team pride themselves in delivering the best possible outcome for every client.
Will advise you as to the funding available to you including:
- Legal aid
- Conditional Fee Agreement
- Fixed Fee
- Lewisham v Malcolm ( House of Lords ) 2008 – the outcome of this case was directly responsible for the introduction of new legislation brought about by the Equality Act 2010, in particular s15 EA 2010
- Paragon v Neville (https://cornerstonebarristers.com/news/significant-court-appeal-decision-concerning-equality-act-2010-proportionality-warrant-suspension-applications/) currently seeking leave to appeal in the House of Lords
- Raza v Karim (https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/crime/landlady-ordered-to-pay-12-000-to-tenant-1-8511651) in which the landlady was ordered to pay our client £12,000 in damages
- Metropolitan Housing Trust Limited v MA (reported in Legal Action May 2018) in which a suspended possession order was made after the judge ruled that the literal construction of the tenancy agreement should be relied on and that if alternative statutory grounds were to be relied upon, the tenancy agreement should be included to include this expressly.
- Experienced and compassionate lawyers. Firm ranked in legal 500
- Highly ranked housing lawyers in chambers
- Firm with number of nominations for awards for achievement
- Lawyers always pushing the boundaries to achieve the best outcome
“Whatever the odds, there’s a way”
Our expert solicitors are ready to help
GT Stewart has established itself as a leading firm in the UK for criminal, housing, mental health and family law, specialising in private cases and also Legal Aid work.
We pride ourselves on regular referrals from other firms and agencies
We are known for our tenacity when representing those engaged in challenging the State or defending themselves against a prosecution.