Aideen qualified as a Solicitor in 2015 and is a duty Solicitor who appears regularly in the Magistrates Court.
Aideen has acted for defendants accused of very serious criminality including people trafficking, firearms offences, arson, drugs supply, robberies and sexual offences.
Aideen has strong experience representing young and vulnerable defendants, including those with learning difficulties and mental health issues. She has experience working with intermediaries and advising on cases where fitness to plead is an issue.
She thrives on grappling with complex areas of law and has been recognised for her persuasive advocacy and the force and focus of her written submissions. She is always well researched and has a great understanding of complex issues
Aideen is incredibly hard-working, and her drafting is very well prepared and researched. She is dedicated, great to work with and good with clients.
Areas of Expertise
- People Smuggling and drug smuggling
- Proceeds of crime (POCA) and enforcement
- Motoring Offences
- Fraud & Financial Litigation
- Serious & Organised Crime
- Sexual Offences
- General Crime
Education and Qualifications:
- Legal Professional Course – CLT: Commendation
- LLM – University College London in Public International Law – Merit
- Bachelor of Civil Law – University College Dublin – 2.1
- Training Contract completed both at GT Stewart in Criminal Defence, Criminal Appeals, Prison Law and Actions against Police and with The Law Society in focusing on European Law and Politics.
- Intern at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.
- Intern at the Irish Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform